Cohesity provides a web-scale data management platform designed to eliminate secondary storage silos by converging all secondary storage and associated data services on one unified solution - including backups, cloud gateway, files, objects, test/dev copies, and analytics data. Cohesity is a software-defined solution that spans from the edge, to the datacenter, and the cloud.
WITH COHESITY YOU CAN:
- Simplify data protection infrastructure by converging legacy backup silos
- Consolidate file and object services
- Build a multicloud data fabric with native cloud integration for archival, tiering and replication
- Accelerate test/dev with copy data management
- Gain visibility into their dark data with in-place analytics
- Reduce secondary storage TCO by 50% or more
Cohesity DataPlatform is a software-defined, web-scale platform that was designed from the ground up to consolidate secondary storage. Key features of DataPlatform include:
- Distributed architecture: Always-on platform that scales linearly by simply adding nodes, eliminating data migrations and forklift upgrades.
- File and object services: NFS, SMB and S3 interfaces to consolidate files and objects.
- Global space efficiency: Global variable-length dedupe, compression, and erasure coding.
- Cloud integration: Native cloud integration with AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure.
- Copy data management: Zero-cost clones to quickly provision test/dev copies.
Cohesity Data Protect
Cohesity DataProtect is a converged backup and recovery solution that runs on DataPlatform and provides:
- Simple data protection: Replace multiple data protection silos (target storage, media servers, master servers, cloud gateways) with a single converged solution.
- Sub-5 minute RPOs and instantaneous RTOs: Fast RPOs and RTOs by keeping each backup as a zero cost, instantly available snapshot
- Cisco Investments: Tight integration with VMware, physical Windows and Linux, MS SQL and Oracle databases.
- Primary storage integrations: Integration with Pure Storage and NAS filers for automated data protection.